top of page

ICBC/WSBC claims

If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident (MVA) or at work and need treatment this is what you need to know.


I've been in a motor vehicle accident (MVA) what do I do?

First try to stay calm. It can be very shocking to be a situation like this. If you are injured then tend to your injuries. If you need to call for an ambulance do so or ask a witness to help you. There are more tips on what to do after an accident on ICBC's website here.

After you have reported the claim to ICBC you should receive a claim number and confirmation of the enhanced medical services you are entitled to.

Do I need a doctors note?

Within the first 12 weeks after an MVA you are automatically approved for Physiotherapy, Kinesiology, Acupuncture, Massage Therapy, Psychology,  Counselling and Chiropractic treatments. You do not need to wait for a doctors referral although it is a good idea to see a doctor for any concerns you may have. We offer Physiotherapy, Kinesiology, Acupuncture and Massage Therapy at our clinic.

Is there a user fee?

We do not charge a user fee for Physiotherapy, Kinesiology or Acupuncture services. For massage therapy there is a small user fee to match the private treatment rate.

I'm in a lot of pain. Where do I start?

Physiotherapy is usually a good place to start as we will do a full assessment of your injuries and can make recommendations based on the findings. We're also specialists in pain relief.

WorkSafe BC FAQ

I've been injured at work what now?

If you have been injured at work, first attend to your injury if possible. After the injury has been attended to report it to the person in charge of worker health and safety. If you feel the injury is severe enough that you will need to miss work then try to get in to see your doctor as well. When you're ready you can come in for an initial Physiotherapy assessment to get on the road to recovery.

My injury was more than 90 days ago can I still come in for treatment?

If your injury has occurred more than 90 days ago then we would need to get approval from your case manager before we can start treatment. In this case all we need are a few details from you and we will contact WSBC on your behalf to see what needs to be done.

Do you direct bill WSBC for massage?

Unfortunately we do not direct bill WSBC for massage therapy visits. In some cases WSBC will cover Registered Massage Therapy visits but you should confirm with your case manager before booking a session. If you wish to book a private massage therapy visit for your injuries you are more than welcome to but you would have to pay privately and submit the receipt to WSBC manually for reimbursement.

How many Physiotherapy sessions am I covered for?

If your claim has been approved and you've completed an initial assessment then you are covered for 15 visits over a period of 6 weeks. If you require more treatments past the initial 6 week period then we will submit an extension request for an additional 4 week period as needed.

Is there a user fee?

Some clinics have decided to charge patients a user fee to make the cost of WSBC visits equal to their private rates. We do not charge a user fee for Physiotherapy treatments involving WSBC claims. If you're claim is pending then we may charge the initial assessment fee but we will refund you as soon as the claim has been approved.

I have a planned vacation coming up. Is my claim still covered?

If you have a vacation planned prior to your injury and still plan to go we will let your case manager know and apply for a temporary treatment disruption report so that your claim will still be active when you return. Please note that once your treatment has started, if you do not attend a session for 2 weeks or more without a valid reason then WSBC may consider you discharged and/or close your claim.

Do you offer Hydrotherapy?

Yes our clinic has limited spots for Hydrotherapy! Please get in touch for more information.

bottom of page